Our Financial Counselor, Lisa Wiseman, helps BayPort Credit Union members manage their finances effectively. With her passion to empower individuals to make sound financial decisions, Lisa provides financial educational workshops and individual financial counseling.
Who Should See a Financial Counselor?
If you need help making changes to your financial management style or you do not have a good, workable spending plan, you should seek the expertise of our Financial Counselor today. Here are some other reasons to contact Lisa and start the discussion:
- If you need help establishing a budget
- If you are having problems paying your bills
- If a debt consolidation loan is in your best interest
- If you can afford buying a home or auto
- If you need help understanding or correcting your credit report
- If you are past due on mortgage or auto payments
- If you need help paying taxes
- If you are considering filing bankruptcy
When Should I Seek Financial Counseling?
It's important to seek financial counseling before you find yourself in a financial situation that is difficult to manage. Avoiding a financial disaster is much easier and less stressful than working your way out of one. Reach out to Lisa today at 757.928.8896 or email to start the discussion.
How Can I Meet with the Financial Counselor?
Appointments can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Call 757.928.8896. You may be given a Financial Statement to complete prior to your appointment. During your appointment, your Financial Counselor will discuss your options and assist you with a plan to make changes in order to reach your goals.
Financial Trouble Warning Signs
If you notice these signs in your own activities or in the financial activities of a friend or family member, it is time to seek assistance:
- Unable to pay routine bills
- Missing payments or paying bills late, including a mortgage
- Paying minimum amounts on credit cards balances
- Failing to open, read, and respond to mail
- Borrowing from one credit card to pay another
- Borrowing for scheduled yearly expenses (such as taxes, insurance, school expenses, vacations, Christmas, etc.)
Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Hampton Roads
2021 Cunningham Drive, Suite 400
Hampton, VA 23666
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Budget Counseling - Free
- Debt Management Program (DMP) - Varies
- Housing Counseling (HUD Approved) - Free
- First Time Home Buyer's Class - Free
- Representative Payee (Social Security Referrals) - Varies
- Seminars - Free
Catholic Charities of Hampton Roads, Inc.
12829 Jefferson Avenue, Suite 101
Newport News, VA 23608
ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions
The links to other websites provided to you solely for informational purposes to our members and should not be construed as a relationship or endorsement by BayPort Credit Union. If you use these links, you will be leaving the BayPort Credit Union website.
We do not have any responsibility for, or control over any of these third-party sites, their content, their security policies or their privacy policies. Any information that you share with these sites is solely between you and that website. BayPort Credit Union will not represent either the third party or our members if the two enter into a transaction.
If you decide to access any of the linked third parties, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Contact Lisa today at 757.928.8896 or email to make an appointment to discuss your financial planning. BayPort Credit Union is committed to improving the lives of our members in the Tidewater and Hampton Roads, Virginia, area with valuable financial education and expert guidance.