To ensure image quality on your card, please use the following guidelines when selecting a personal image. Certain disposable cameras, mobile phones, and other picture-taking devices don’t produce high-quality, high-resolution images. As a result, you may not be able to alter the file to make it meet the guidelines. If you have an image that is not meeting the required size, resolution or format sometimes you can successfully alter your image files using a photo software application from your camera company or another photo-editing tool.
To upload an image, the image file must be located on a storage device that is accessible by the personal computer on which you are viewing the Create Your Own Card tool.
Credit Card Image Size:
- Minimum size of 480 x 480 pixels
- Not larger than 4 MB
Debit Card Image Size:
- Minimum size of 840 x 840 pixels for Custom Debit Cards
- Minimum size of 100 x 100 pixels for ID Debit Cards
- Not larger than 10 MB
- JPEG, PNG, GIF, Bitmap or TIFF
Identity Photos – Must be a photo of the actual cardholder. Use a straight-on full-head image, and zoom in on your face. Do not wear hats or sunglasses or other items that could detract from your clear identity. Use a photo with a light-colored and single-color backdrop for best results
BayPort and its partner reserve the right to approve all images submitted for custom cards. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner of the image, including images downloaded from other websites. BayPort and its partner may require evidence of the image owner's consent or of your ownership of the image.
An image will be disapproved if it contains any of the following prohibited content. BayPort and its partner have the sole discretion to approve or disapprove an image based on these criteria and its review process. If your image is disapproved due to not meeting these Image Guidelines, we will notify you via e-mail and ask you to re-submit a new image for consideration.
- Sexual/provocative/obscene/profane/vulgar subject matter of any nature;
- Partial or full nudity;
- Political subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive religious subject matter of any nature;
- Advertising, promotional text, slogans, copyrighted or trademarked material of any nature;
- Self-promotion of any nature (e.g., personal business card);
- Solicitations, including telephone numbers or services of any nature (e.g., 900 or 800 numbers, URLs);
- Brand names or branded products/services of any nature;
- Celebrities/musicians/athletes/public figures/cartoons charaters, etc. of any nature;
- MasterCard, American Express, Discover or any other payment brand references
- Reference to any VISA sponsorship property, such as the Olympics or NASCAR
- Affiliation with groups that are determined to be of a “socially unacceptable” nature, including scenes, names or symbols, or illegal or anti-social behavior;
- Depiction of violent acts or death imagery;
- Depiction of alcohol, tobacco, drugs or firearms;
- Depiction of or reproduction of currency;
- Anything that interferes or may interfere with the required security of the card;
- Subject matter of any nature that might result in card acceptance confusion or non-acceptance by merchants;
- Subject matter of any nature that might result in card fraud;
- Reference to any MasterCard®, Visa®, or Discover® card brand sponsored properties/events;
- Competitive card brand or institution marks or names;
- Any graphic design element that might reflect poorly on or might engender hostility toward or might cause derision of or might bring into disrepute the MasterCard®, Visa®, or Discover® card brands;
- Any graphic design element that might reflect poorly on or might engender hostility toward or might cause derision of or might bring into disrepute BayPort Credit Union or associated organizations/businesses;
- Also take into account any applicable local laws, regulations, or cultural sensitivities and customs in the target market where the card will be used.